Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Emotions through text - Rage Vs. Flustered

The way a line is drawn effects the full mood of a design because it changes the flow and look to make the people who look at the design feel that emotion that the designer is trying to show.

When I did my rage design I used big bold, fire-colored letters to show anger and I also used jagged lines across the design to stress anger even more.  The red blur in back was used to give an adrenaline - rage feel.
On my flustered design I made everything close together but at the same time all over the place to express confusion.  All of the letters are jumbled and messy also.

Now that I have experimented with fitting words with emotions I know it will be easier to make typography flow and I can figure out how to use the tools of Illustrator to format different texts to fit with the emotions in my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment